These Are Some Powerful Options For Project Management Tools
- Jan 14 2017
- Project Management
Project management, some might just get the terrified hearing these two names while some make a profession out of it. But what’s common between the two is the fact that both know how difficult it might get. With bigger projects and bigger teams, things can get complicated and complex. Entangled things might not just waste your time and efforts but also the limited resources.
Project management, as the name itself suggests, is all about managing the project. This includes a lot of things like planning, executing, monitoring the plans, managing the team associated with the project, maintaining communication between all, and many other. The best way today, in the competitive world, is to take help of the technology. Several online project management software are available online for free, which can do the best for you. This software has various project management tools that you must be using to get things done in time, effectively and efficiently.
Following are such few tools that you must not miss out for project success:
1. Dashboards: A dashboard helps in keeping things simplified and sorted out. Instead of maintaining a different dashboard for every project you work at, it is always recommended to opt the option of the global dashboard. It is an important tool, especially when you are working on more than one projects at the same time. It is easy to use and has a powerful interface.
2. Task Management: Big projects can be divided into smaller tasks and allocated to the team members as per their capabilities. This will not only help save time but will also give every team member equal opportunities to be a part of the project. This tool will help you keep a track on the tasks that have been completed, and the ones that are in progress. Moreover, it lets you create, update, edit, and delete any task, as and when required.
3. Reports: Reports are equally important. Being a project manager you must have regular reports of what’s happening and what should be done next. With proper reports, updated time to time, you can make sure that things are moving on the right path and how the project is proceeding. It enables you to make changes whenever there is a requirement. Reports and tracking tools are among the most important tools out there.
4. Whiteboards: This is one place where all your team members, clients and every individual associated with the project can make notes, comment on the notes, update them, edit and delete them accordingly. This is the best place for a bigger team to discuss ideas updating each other with the latest developments in the project.
5. Email Alerts: You must remind your team members about the jobs they are being given and update the clients and concerned authorities with the progress report. It is seen, that communication breakdown and miscommunications, leads to the failure of the project. But you won’t want that, right! Email alerts notify all the team members immediately, as and when anyone modifies the project or updates any info in the system.