Struggling To Manage It All? We Might Just Have The Solution
- Mar 06 2017
- Project Management
“DON’T WAIT FOR EXTRAORDINARY OPPORTUNITIES. SEIZE THE COMMON OCCASIONS AND MAKE THEM GREAT.” -CRISON SWETT MARDEN
Welcome to the world of management. Where every little detail matters. But with time it only gets plain messy. If you happen to be in a managerial position, you sure know what we are talking about. Management might seem easy at first, but as and when the team, the projects, and the company grows, it only gets messier.
Management primarily needs to create an enabling situation. Required things or results need to be made to happen. Management cannot wait for things or results to happen. It cannot give reasons or situations that prevented required results from happening. In fact, good management is one which foresees all possible constraints and plans strategic actions to work around them to achieve targeted objectives. Therefore, good management must be efficient and effective. Efficiency means doing a task the right way at economic costs within available resources. Effectiveness means doing the right things.
You’d be thinking why are we talking about something that everyone already knows about. Of course, you know. But what you don’t know or are probably denying even after knowing it all, is that with management and responsibilities, come along loads of work. Admit it or don’t admit it, but that’s what the truth is. Right?
You might have always heard scholars and experts giving on what management is all about, the objective of management, management as an activity or as a social process, three Ps of management, and what not?! But does talking help? NO. What help in business is practicality. So, for one last time, let’s understand the objectives. WHY? Because that’s what you want to achieve in your business, don’t you?
Objectives of management are generally regarded as optimizing results, efficiency and rewards. But in the process of achieving the same, there’s a lot that a manager and his team need to go through. Proper management, is necessary, and regardless of the company size and the project size, can get messy over work. Isn’t it? So, what’s best that can be done to cope with this mess? But before that, let put some light here on what can go wrong and the problems that are often faced in businesses, that individually or collectively, end up creating the imbalance at work. So, what’s keeping the owners up at nights?
• Failing Support: As per a report published by Gallup, 79 percent of those who started their small business (with five or fewer employees, including themselves) have drawn on personal savings to fund their dream. This might seem a better way to go initially, but eventually, things will get worrisome if the founders themselves will not enjoy the financing.
Not just in small and medium enterprises but in large companies too, financing is an important element that should be paid enough attention to. Failing support or no support of the finance can lead to a quick downfall in everything. So, you better be careful.
• A Weak Team: there’s nothing as bad as having a weak team. Talented, motivated, and enthusiastic individuals not only for a great team but also the foundation of the organization. Do you have the strong foundation? If not, start building one. NOW.
• Productivity: This is as important as profitability in any business. Let us explain this to you in business words. If profitability is about squeezing every cent out of a dollar, then productivity is getting the most from every minute. Oh! Now you understand. To enhance productivity proper time schedules, project tracking, proper leadership and guidance and appreciation of the employees is important. Start doing the above-mentioned, if you aren’t already.
• Time Management: Do you the best team, the best workplace, and a talented project manager, but yet aren’t able to beat the competition? Ting. Time management is what you are not focusing enough onto. Are there tools and technologies to help them priorities, focus and find balance in their work? YES.
We understand, for long, you have been trying to get rid of this chaos, and ease out your managerial tasks but were not finding the right way to do it. If we are right here, you don’t need to look any further, because today, we have got for you the ultimate solution. Following is something that is sure going to help you manage the clutter and move on peacefully, coordinating with the team, towards achieving your organizational goals and objectives, making your workplace easy breezy and happening. You sure want that, don’t you? Well, then keep reading:
1. Analyze it: objectively: Once the panic state has receded one can proceed in a more constructive direction, namely objectively analyzing what has gone wrong – using role play can help to distance yourself and remove your ego from the situation. This process also lets your right brain do some work and find creative ways to develop options for solving the problem.
2. Put ’em right: Mistakes have consequences, by analyzing the situation and consulting appropriately you can determine what the impact of the mistake is likely to be and take the necessary action. Fix it. Apologize if necessary.
3. Move on: Natural systems have built in mechanisms to cope with the mess because all mess is part of growth. If you’re not messing, then you’re not growing. If you don’t have a plan to deal with the mess, it just gets deeper and then the system fails. So, once you’ve done what you can to remedy the situation – move on to your next project knowing that you are growing and learning.
When it comes to managing projects, there are a ton of applications out there to make your work simpler and more efficient. Web-based solutions for project management in the business world are becoming very widely used because they offer accessibility, security, ease of tracking, and the ability to collaborate simply.
Proper project management for your business can be a challenge. The use of a trusted project management tool can change the way you run your business for the better, as you get to handle different projects efficiently and successfully.
The best tools available nowadays handle every important aspect needed for projects to start and end successfully. From proper planning, cost estimation, management, allocation of resources, to collaboration, administration, and documentation, you are sure to handle and complete every project with no major problems no matter how complex or how small they may be.
ViduPM is one among those few project management software that comes in handy with all the necessary tools you might require to dust off the management mess art your workplace. These tools include time management, password management, link management, client management, task management, etc. Your life is certainly going to change, for a better, once you start using ViduPM.
Remember, there’s only one recipe for success: Heat up an idea, take action, mix it up with passion and belief, and then add a dash of persistence. Follow this and sooner or later, you’ll be at heights.